Making Suit Pants Smaller


I need to alter my husbands new suit pants 4 inches smaller in the waist. Any suggestions for a professional looking job?

Betty from Warrensburg, MO



Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By mcw 80 1,754 09/24/2008

I have a paperback book entitled: Altering Men's Ready-To-Wear.

It is way too complicated to explain how to accomplish this in a single post.

Please send me a message, and include your email address. I'll email you the instructions and photos through a PDF file.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By pam munro 523 787 09/24/2008

A simple answer is that most good men's pants have a back seam that opens to make them easy to alter in the waist - If those pants do, just open the back seam and then fit them inside out on your husband to get a good fit - maybe you will have to have them loose to make the pants hang right, as taking away four inches is a lot...but perhaps 2 inches on each side wouldn't show - you have to see.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Linda (Guest Post) 09/26/2008

This is not a job for an amateur. For a professional look, go to a professional. And congrats to your husband for losing weight!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Answer This Question