How to Turn Pants Into Shorts and a Bag
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
June 3, 2018
Turning a pair of pants into a pair of shorts and a matching bag is fun and easy to do. I've had these eccentric pants for decades and I thought it was time for a change as the days warm up.
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 1 pair of shorts and 1 bag
- 1 pair of pants
- seam ripper
- tape measurer
- sewing machine
- Cut the pant legs off right under the back pockets. Set aside the top part (the shorts).
- Rip open the seam on one side of both cut-off pant legs.
- Now you will have two big squares of fabric that will create the bag.
- Undo the seams at the bottom.
- Measure both pieces of fabric for your squares, leaving an extra one-inch piece of fabric where you're going to cut off strips to make bag handles.
- Cut off the one-inch strip off both pieces of fabric.
- Iron all the pieces of fabric to aid in a clean sewing process.
- Turn the two bag squares and two handle strips so the inside is facing out. Sew the squares together on the sides and bottom. Fold the strips in half, then sew up the long sides and bottom.
- Turn the handle strips right side out. A chopstick can be helpful here.
- Fold in 1/2 an inch on the top of bag, then fold it again one inch.
- Sew this fold straight across at the edge.
- Place the handle ends on the inside of the bag on both sides and sew them into place. I used a big zig zag stitch on each end.
- Now flip the bag right side out.
- This is the finished bag.
- And a pair of shorts.
- Flaunt your new pieces!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.