Nicotine Stains from Furniture

I have 50 year old white furniture that is saturated with nicotine stains. Any suggestions on how to get them out. I've used everything?

Breanna from Albuquerque, NM

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

December 5, 2008 Flag

I recently purchased a "white with gold trim" bedroom set at an estate sale. The tops of the dressers and nightstands are laminated. The problem is they are covered with years of nicotine stains. Can anyone tell me how to remove the stains?

Answers:

Nicotine Stains from Furniture

I have found that Orange Cleaners are great for nicotine. I have used it on wood and everything else for that matter. You don't even need to buy the expensive brands.
Vickie (03/31/2004)

By Ladyvmh

Nicotine Stains from Furniture

Go to the Dollar General store and by a gallon of 'Simple Green'. It runs about $5.00, but it will take nicotine stains off anything! I use it full strength on my computer, and it works like a charm. Just put some in a small bucket, dip in a sponge, and clean away. You'll be amazed at all the things 'Simple Green' will clean. (03/31/2004)

By sjackie2000

Nicotine Stains from Furniture

Was recently gifted with a vintage Mahogany bedroom suite that had been in a very heavy smokers home. Research led to a product called DL Blue Label Hand Cleaner. This stuff ROCKS! Used 0000 steel wool and the hand cleaner-may have to go over a few times if heavy buildup-but it doesn't damage your furniture. Google DL Blue Label -found a local hardware store that ordered it for me- no shipping charges- a large container is only $1.99. (07/14/2005)

By Sandy

Nicotine Stains from Furniture

I have found that Clorox cleaner with bleach works well as long as the furniture is a laminate. (03/13/2008)

By Rhonda

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureDecember 5, 2008
Ashtray Full of Cigarettes
Removing Nicotine Stains on Clothing
Cleaning Blinds
Cleaning Nicotine Stains on Blinds
girl smoking
Removing Nicotine Stains from Linoleum and Vinyl Flooring
Hand holding a smoking cigarette.
Cleaning Nicotine from Wood Furniture
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 10:23:18 AM on 10.0.2.188 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.