Centerpiece Ideas for an 85th Birthday

Please help me with centerpiece ideas for my father in-law's 85th birthday. The colors I am using are teal, brown, ivory, and gold. I will have balloon clusters hanging from the ceiling with gold star balloons in between the clusters. I don't really want balloons for centerpieces. We are having a casual buffet. I would appreciate your ideas.
Thank you.

By Charlotte from Boise, ID

Best Answer

You could buy some teal paper gift bags, put some gold tissue paper inside and add some large silk flowers in ivory. I would add weights of some kind to the bags so they don't easily tip over.

Best Answer

What are his special interests? Is he still active at a hobby? You could decorate the tables with new garden tools (tied up with bows), sports equipment, art supplies, etc. That way people will know what to get for him, and he'll get to enjoy them afterwards.

Best Answer

If there are photos available from throughout his life reproduce these and use a wire photo holder (weight of some type at the bottom with several wires sticking up. Top of each wire is like a paper clip and will hold a photo.) and place one in the center of each table.

You could use 3 chunky candles in different heights in the color theme and place them on the tables with fern laying flat around them and a few flower tops, sea shells and/or those one sided glass marble like stones. If the tables are long, you can run ribbon down the table and add ivy, fern, and flower tops, like carnations. Have a great party.

GG Vi

I agree with the photo theme.

Frames can be found on clearance racks and thrift stores everywhere. You could even paint them with neat color coordianted designs.

Or use a painted wooden block (saw down a piece of yard timber) and adhere photos to it, with a neat ribbon or bow topper.

Flowers in the theme colors of the party.

Fruit flower bouquet.

Here's the link to edible arrangements:

http://www.ediblearrangements.com/

I had a party for my mother-in-law's 60th and we did photos of her "through the years". Anything we could find. We copied them, so we didn't damage any of her old photos and a lot of family and friends were in pictures too, so they like that too.

I saw people already suggested that, so I think that's a great idea:)

Cake with candles that say 85 surrounded by balloons, ribbons, and confetti
85th Birthday Party Centerpiece Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties CenterpiecesMay 11, 2010
Easter Centerpiece
Easter Centerpiece Ideas
Birthday Party Centerpiece
Birthday Party Centerpiece Ideas
Candle centerpiece at a wedding.
Wedding Candle Centerpiece Ideas
75th Birthday
75th Birthday Party Centerpiece Ideas
🎉
🎄