Cat Ruining Vertical Blinds

How do I keep my cat from sitting on the windowsill and ruining my vertical blinds?

By D. Jackson from Wakefield, England

First keep the vertical blinds open far enough for no damage to occur until you have trained him/her (you don't say if this baby is a him or a her which gives me pause). Then, while you are sitting in the room(s), simply have a water bottle filled with water only set to jet stream and when the baby gets in the window give him/her a squirt or two or three but don't say anything or make any sudden movements while doing it. After a few times of this he/she will learn it's not pleasant to be in the window.

It is a cat's nature to sit in windows to look outside! I have verticals. I put a piece of wood, painted the same colour as the wall, behind the brackets that hold the verticals on the wall. This extends them out from the window about 3 inches, so the verticals hang straight, and my cat can still sit in the window behind the drapes. You can't see the extensions because the drapes cover them.

Pets CatsFebruary 17, 2010
Cleaning Venetian Blinds
Cleaning Venetian Blinds
Closed Mini Blinds
Reusing Mini Blinds
Cleaning mini blinds square
Cleaning Mini Blinds
Vertical Blinds
Changing the Color of Vertical Blinds