Keepsake Sports Quilt

Several years ago I picked up a huge piece of material, the size of a twin bed, with a football field and player on it. My grandson has loved to spread it on the floor and have his own football game on it. For his 6th birthday I thought it was time to put it together as a quilt that he could have for himself.

I bought cotton quilt batting and a sheet and quilted it by using the marked lines on the field as a pattern to go by. This I did by machine. I cut small slits and stuffed the player to give him dimension. A very simple project but a quilt he will cherish until his teenage years.

By Sharon, KY

A sports themed quilt for a young boy.

Cute quilt and little guy. Sharon you are one talented lady.

Keep all your kids sports t-shirts and make a quilt out of them. I cut the front of the shirt in to squares and put them together with white strips. Kids love these because they are their own shirts.

Patchwork quilt in blue florals.
Quilt Photos
Crafts QuiltingOctober 3, 2005
Up close photo of quilt binding.
Binding a Quilt
Paper pieced quilt top, endless chains pattern.
Making a Paper Pieced Quilt
Sports Jerseys
Making a Sports Jersey Quilt
A variety of sports equipment
Saving Money on Sports Equipment for School