Thrifty Ways To Add a Warm Touch To Your Home

We have just moved to a much larger home. I would be interested in hearing how some of you have added warm comfortble touches to your homes. Thriftly, of course.

Beth

Floating flowers in glass bowls. I saw it on a home and garden show on cable, Beautiful. You could put in a search on the net. Candles, throw pillows, PLANTS!

Yes! Plants near clean sparkly shining windows do so much to add warmth to a home. This would be my very number one tip. They don't have to cost much, either, if you have a friend who can give you cuttings.

I've had luck with ficus trees (don't need much light), ivy, snake plant...if space permits, the more the merrier!

I always feel warm and welcome in a home where there is comfy seating arranged for socializing, interesting books in view, and a casual, laid-back atmosphere.

Another nice touch would be photos of family members and events arranged in strategic areas...on walls, tabletops, wherever.

What can you do? or more inportant what can you learn to do? Paint a ugly piece of furnture, make a display with rock, pine cones, sand candles etc. two long stemed fern fonds in a glass bowl looks nice with out over doing it if your worried, if you've got a sewing machine sew pillows, buy stuffing in bulk, you can get diffrent fabrics at Wal-mart, some really nice in the bargain bin, if you like one buy it and find where to use it later, add tassuls to drawers, door knobs, buy

unfinished moldings at the hardware store and add them to everything, paint them white, black, red, stain them, I added some to my bathroom sink base, my fish tank hood. and above pictures. replace handles and knobs on things, look for diffrent knobs or murals on e-bay, thrift store and garage sales really rock if you look at everything in a new light. use fancy glass x-mas ornament turned up side down on bamboo stakes, or and old bowling ball as glazing balls if you find a nice stand, get a bunch of tiny bird houses at dollar stores etc, put them on stakes and in your garden to help out with your garden. I've got a ton of ideas

With a flare for decorating,or so I think so, I would have to say small touches add alot to a home. For one, area rugs help pull larger rooms together. You don't need alot of furniture pieces to fill a room. Just a few larger statement pieces fill up a space. Less is more. Add some pillows, rugs, blankets, etc. to make your space feel and look cozy. Hope this helped. Good Luck.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Budget DecoratingFebruary 8, 2005
Designing Wedding Invitations
Designing Your Own Wedding Invitations
Homemade wedding invitation.
Homemade Wedding Invitations
Evergreen garland with berries and glass Christmas ornaments.
Making an Evergreen Garland
Wind chimes that are made from a clay pot.
Clay Pot Wind Chimes
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 4:40:37 AM on 10.0.0.173 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.