Dryer Sheets for Insect Repellent

contest winner icon

Bounce dryer sheets are great to use as a mosquito repellent. Just rub it on all exposed areas then tie it to a belt loop. I use them while mowing the lawn.

By Vi from Mobridge, SD

If you wear a hat outside (sun hat, ball cap, etc.), you can tuck the dryer sheet or insect repellent wipe into the hat to keep the critters away from your head. You could also clip it on the back of your shirt.

I have used them for a long time. I tuck them into tops of my socks when I mow the law as well as use clothspins to pin to tee shirt short bottoms and etc. Use a hair clip and twist a sheet into a bow and clip on to your hair. Hey who care as long as the bug stay away .

For real because I'm in AZ, triple digits temps, I do my computer outside at night and man I have to put on long britches. Like its not hot enough, does it hurt your skin any? if this works, it will be really cool. The mosquitoes didn't mess with me at all in Oregon, but in Arizona they love my legs, and they are so itchy I have to cover my legs. It's a drag.

Perhaps we have different mosquitoes here in AZ, tried the bounce dryer sheets, didn't work worth jack. Sure hoping it would work but, no go. Gotta give a thumbs down because I still got lots of skeeters bites, and they are so darn itchy. So I still have to put on long britches and shirt when I do my computer outside at night. Maybe I need a bug zapper?

Thank you for this marvelous tip! My husband and I go to Hawaii every summer, renting a private home on the beach. Each and every night I would get bitten between 6 to ten times (my husband never gets bitten!) At the end of a week I looked like a Measles victim. The pain and embarrassment was horrible. This year I brought dryer sheets and placed them under the mattress sheet and one in our pillowcases. Not one bite (and the scent was great!)! Thank you!

Home and Garden Pest Control MosquitoesJune 14, 2010
Spider on web with dew drops on it.
Spider Repellent Recipes
foil ball
Alternatives To Dryer Sheets
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
Cutting dryer sheets in half.
Saving Money on Dryer Sheets
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 17, 2017 at 7:26:06 PM on 10.0.0.67 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.