Tea Tree Oil as Insect Repellent

Category Repellants

This is a guide about tea tree oil as insect repellent. Some people find tea tree oil to be an effective insect repellent. One thing to keep in mind is that it can be toxic to pets, so you should avoid using it for your pet both topically and orally.

Instead of spending good money on expensive insect repellent, dab a few drops of tea tree oil on most of your pulse-points like your wrists, behind the ears and knees. Don't forget to dab a drop atop of your cleavage, ladies!

I have used this for years as a repellent and if you forget to use it, it will also heal bad insect bites. I personally love the smell too.

By Jeta from Cumbria, UK

I, too, love tea tree oil. It is also good as an antiseptic, antiviral, and antibacterial medicine.

Sounds great, but where can i find tea tree oil? Health food store?

I live in the UK. We can buy it in any supermarket eg. Tesco, Asda,etc.
Most probably in USA, it's the same. I know that healthfood shops carry it too, over here.

Is it effective against Mosquitoes?