Uses for Tea Tree Oil

Tea Tree Essential Oil is anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-septic and anti-microbial. I use 6-7 drops in my dishwater for washing dishes. Same amount in the Washing Machine for Cleaning clothes. I add some to a bowl of hot water to clean my kitchen counter tops (instead of using harsh chemicals). I always wipe down the counters with tea tree oil after cutting raw meat or dealing with raw eggs. I have used it in the past for getting rid of toe fungus instead of taking lamisil (which can destroy your liver).

I use it topically on many different skin condition, I.e. mosquito bites. This is my go to for cleaning almost anything (in place of lysol). I wipe down the shower and toilet with it also. If you research the many uses for it you will be amazed at it's versatility and add it to your supply closet. I have a bottle in my kitchen, bathroom and laundry room. I also put it in my diffuser when I have respiratory conditions at bedtime and breath it in all night to help clear up my lungs.

More Solutions

I have a German Shepherd that has to have baths due to a yeast situation on her coat, etc. I have to get her bathed and have it be efficient. I have tried bathing by putting shampoo on a dry coat. That never works. The next time, here is what I did. Keep in mind this recipe is for dogs:

Instead of spending good money on expensive insect repellent, dab a few drops of tea tree oil on most of your pulse-points like your wrists, behind the ears and knees. Don't forget to dab a drop atop of your cleavage, ladies!

Tea tree oil (melaleuca) has been miraculous stuff for me and the friends I've recommended it to. Just a dab on a mosquito bite knocks the itch out immediately and heals the bite.

Using 2 cups of water and several drops of pure tea tree oil will clean dirt off windowsills, and clean mostly anything wooden. Also use tea tree oil, diluted with water and sprayed on a child's hair, keeps the lice away.

16 Questions

Looking for home remedy for pet with hot spots or best place to purchase tea tree oil shampoo.

BT from Gettysburg, PA

Answers

1800petmeds.com
jefferspet.com
i couldnt find a homeade recipe for it,sorry.

The best 'tea tree oil' you can find will be from Melaleuca.com. Through the website you can find a local person to buy from--Melaleuca Alternafolia is the purest tea tree oil out there--grown in a protected place in Aust.--and Melaleuca makes great products, all to help not only your dog, your shampoo, but also in cleaning agents for the household!

I use a shampoo from Sally's Beauty supply. It's paul mitchell's tea tree oil shampoo, but Sally's has a generic version, called Generic, haha. It's in a white bottle with a black cap. It should be close to the paul mitchell or in with all the other generics. The small bottle costs about 5 bucks, and the huge bottle is like 10 dollars. It lasts a long time. It also has peppermint in which soothes the skin. I use this on my cat who has sever skin problems and I have used it on the dog who has hots spots as well. I also have a very sensitive scalp and I use it once a week to keep my skin from hurting near my part.

Another perk is that I've found it lathers and rinses much easier than pet shampoo for skin, which felt more like dishwashing liquid than shampoo.

Hope that helps!

By jmouse13 (Guest Post)

I buy my Tree Tea Oil Shampoo and Conditioner from http://www.Aloetherapy.com Very reasonable and a good Aloe Vera company. Aloe is in their products and it is very good for the skin. Very soothing and healing.

I agree with the 3rd posting, that Melaleuca has the best tea tree oil, there is no cancer causing agents, and all there product are healthier, safer for your family, pets, home and envirorment. If you would like more information on these products or have any questions, I would be happy to help you. Just e-mail me. Jpcasino17@aol.com

By Dee (Guest Post)

You can add about 10 drops of TTO to regular baby shampoo, or 10 drops of TTO to 8 OZ of warm water. Rinse the dogs with it after bathing, or mix in spray bottle. It really works on hot spots on my dog. We finally found out it was the dog food that was giving him hot spots. Now he eats lamb and rice food.

Will tea tree oil kill lice on humans? If so, are there any side effects?

By K

What are the side effects of spraying a small dog with bad case of fleas with diluted tea tree oil directly onto the coat?

By Kayann from Muswellbrook, NSW, Australia

Answers

Here is what I do when I see my dogs have fleas:

If it is a bad infestation, it is cheaper to get the shot at the vet that kills them all within less than a day. Then you can treat your house by vacuuming all the time and putting a flea collar in the vacuum bag and a plastic over the end of the hose, so the fleas don't get out.

I always sprinkle the rugs, under the bed sheets and etc with salt and just leave it for a few days. Fleas dislike salt. I use tea tree oil on my own hair for lice treatment if I ever find a live one in my hair. I use about 1/3 cup dawn and 1 1/2 teaspoon tea tree oil, it stinks a lot like Vicks, and then about two tablespoons of vinegar.

I put all this in my hair and leave for 15 minutes. This is great and it kills lice. Don't know if it will kill fleas or not, but never use on cats as tea tree oil can kill them.

If you have a really bad infested kitten with fleas, I would use baby shampoo and peroxide mixed up and leave it on the kitten for about 7 minutes and then rinse off. Keep the kitten warm, kittens get so stressed and feel hot and cold more than other animals so be sweet and loving and talking softly.

Hope this helps,

Robyn

Can I use tea tree oil on my neck for a fungus?

By lisa from Monterey Park, CA

Answers

Dermatitis, dry skin, fungus, corns, and athlete's foot are just a few skin problems that we all face at one time or another. Generally, dry skin brushing and using a body lotion with tea tree oil added will help to repair and smooth the injured skin. Bathing in tea tree oil is therapeutic and soothing for tired muscles. Add ten drops of the oil to a warm tub and soak for twenty minutes. It is not necessary to use much oil; I once had a call from a woman who added an entire ounce to her tub, sat in hot water and her skin turned bright red. Remember, a little goes a long way. Good luck.

My husband and I had a skin condition, red blotchy looking and I went to the dermatologist. It went from our hair line, neck and down our backs. He told me to use products like Head and Sholders, or Selsun Blue. The doctor told me it was a fungus that starts on the scalp and moves down from there. Also, use Lotramine salve on the areas that you can see. We did and it went away. Sometimes it comes back on my husband (he works outside and I think this causes his to return because he sweats more than me) I simply get the Lotramin salve and Selsun again and in a few weeks it is gone. Hope this helps if this is your problem but remember this I can't diagnose the problem only a doctor can.

Yep, tea tree oil is good stuff. If you really want to kick it, mix some tea tree oil with some oregano oil in a little bit of vodka to dilute and disperse. Shake well and dab on. I cured a horrible case of thrush (horse hoof fungus) with this recipe.

Good luck!

ps, also look up earthclinic.com for more good info

Answer this Question

I want to save water and would like to use my bath water to water my garden, but I used 5 drops of tea tree oil in my bath, will this harm my plants?

By Mike

I am attempting to try my hand at growing a potted plant again, it's an airplane/spider plant. I have just recently put a start in a hanging pot. My problem is the fact that I have a large number of indoor cats! I took 4 Q-tips and lightly moistened the tips with tea tree oil and laid them along the inside edge of the pot, to deter them from bothering the plant as they dislike the smell. My concern, will the smell bother the plant? I hope not, because, so far, this is working like a charm, and will be the perfect way to protect my plant!

Many thanks for any advice given,
Linda from Southeast Iowa

Answers

When my cat tries to get into the dirt of the plants I sprinkle a little cayenne pepper on the dirt. The cat will not bother the plant again.

My cat loves spider plants and the only thing I have done to get the cat to not eat the leaves of this plant is to put it out of the cats reach.

By (Guest Post)

No Tea tree Oil will not hurt your plants.

Denise McCall
www.MyBerryTree.com/bt97975

Answer this Question

How do I use thyme and tea tree oil to get rid of bedbugs?

Asif Nayani from Karachi, Pakistan

Answers

I have been reading a lot about bed bugs lately because I have them. I guess they sell thyme oil. Someone also said they used powdered thyme. The person sprinkled the thyme all around and left the window open and he said they would leave. I think also you spray your mattress with tea tree oil. Also heard of someone sprinkling thyme on their mattress. If you encase mattress and boxsprings in plastic covers the bedbugs will die because they can't get out.

Answer this Question

How do I use tea tree oil on plants to help stop mold? Can you give me a solution to make?

By Karla B.

Answer this Question

This is a page about tea tree oil as insect repellent. Some people find tea tree oil to be an effective insect repellent. One thing to keep in mind is that it can be toxic to pets, so you should avoid using it for your pet both topically and orally.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes
Consumer Advice General AdviceFebruary 23, 2014
🍀
🐰
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Uses-for-Tea-Tree-Oil.html