Recipes Using Essential Oils

Category Miscellaneous
Making your own candles, air freshener, scented lamp oil or fragrance can be rewarding. Essential oils can be used to make many different things around the home smell good.

Do any of you have recipes for popular fragrances? I used to have one for making my own Savannah Gardens scent, but I can't find it.

Answers

Best Answer

Here are some popular blends you may diffuse in the air or use in a spray bottle.

Coming Home Diffuser Blend
2 drops Douglas Fir
2 drops Holiday Joy
1 drop Myrrh

Winter Spice Diffuser Blend
3 drops Wild Orange
2 drops White Fir
1 drop Cassia

Holiday Cheer Diffuser Blend
3 drop Cheer
4 drops Holiday Joy

Winter Diffuser Blend
1 drop Frankincense
1 drop Sandalwood
1 drop Grapefruit

Holiday Workshop Diffuser Blend
3 drops Wild Orange
2 drops Peppermint
2 drops Cypress
2 drops Holiday Joy

Festival of Lights Diffuser Blend
2 drops Lemon

1 drop Wild Orange
1 drop Douglas Fir
1 drop Citrus Bliss®
1 drop Cinnamon Bark

Holiday Tree Diffuser Blend
2 drops Cassia
2 drops Wild Orange
3 drops White Fir

Cinnamon Swirl Diffuser Blend
2 drops Citrus Bliss®
2 drops Cinnamon Bark
2 drops Cardamon

Gingerbread Diffuser Blend
3 drops Ginger
2 drops Cassia
2 drops Clove

Candy Diffuser Blend
4 drops Wintergreen
2 drops Cinnamon Bark

Hot Cider Diffuser Blend
3 drops Wild Orange
2 drops Juniper Berry
1 drop Ginger
1 drop Clove

Winter Wonderland Diffuser Blend
4 drops Wintergreen
4 drops White Fir
4 drops Vetiver

Best Answer

You do not say if this is for a diffuser and some recipes can be too strong so be sure to think about this.

My biggest problem with recipes is the ingredients can be expensive so try to be sure you really like the major scent or you will just be out money for something you may not use.

I have a small inexpensive diffuser that I bought from Amazon (most diffusers are expensive) and it works great for occasional use but it can produce a strong scent if too much of one scent is used. I do no selling on Amazon but here is a link where I bought mine.

www.amazon.com/.../B00Y2CQRZY?linkCode=xm2 (Affiliate Link)

Others have given good sites for recipes but this is a good site for learning how to use the oils.

www.essentialoilhaven.com/.../

artnaturals.com/12-essential-oils-recipes-to-enjoy...

If you ever run across your recipe for Savannah Gardens please post it as the oils for Crabtree & Evelyn Savannas Gardens oil is now selling on eBay for over $100 for a tiny bottle.

Can I use the liquid form of candle scents to add to lamp oil?

By Tj rasp from central OH

I have went everywhere to find out if anyone knows how to make home fragrance oils and nobody knows! I work at home with handicapped people in diapers so I like to burn them to leave my home smelling nice but I end up spending so much money! If you could find a recipe to make home fragrance oils that would be great.

Shelby

Answers:

Making Home Fragrance Oils

How about candle oils? I make mug pillows with scented rice. I used food scents like "hot apple pie". I also made some sachets. I got 12 samples bottles for $20. A little bit goes a long way. The web site is www.candlesupply.com I hope this is helpful. (01/08/2005)

By craftcampkaren

Making Home Fragrance Oils

I am not sure how to make fragrant oils, however I do know how to make home fragrant sprays.

In a spray bottle put 1/3 to 1/4 cups of white alcohol, several drops of your favorite scent, and 2 -3 tablespoons of water. Shake lightly, and spray around the house.

Also, I sell fragrant oils of all scents for the body and aroma therapy. Hope this works. (01/10/2005)

By Carla

Making Home Fragrance Oils

My Daughter cares for an elderly gentleman and he has a lot of "accidents "and she goes through scented oils like hot cakes until I suggested using plain old Vanilla flavoring added to water or cinnamon and nutmeg and cloves in water, placed on the stove for a short time until boiling and let it sit.

The electric potpourri pots work well also. Scented candles are another way to keep down the odor and they come in a lot of scents. (01/10/2005)

By peaches

Making Home Fragrance Oils

I found one for you/us! :) Go to:
http://www.missjacquelynstrashtotreasure.info/Lampe-Fragrance-Oil.html
Pat (07/25/2006)

By

Making Home Fragrance Oils

I make home fragrance oils for the oil warmer, where you put the oil in the top and there is a place for a small unscented candle at the bottom. You can buy the oil at any candle supplier as well as the DPG that you use to breakdown the oil. Use 50% oil and 50% DPG the oil will last longer and the smell will be so wonderful. (08/14/2008)

By Sue

Make Your Own MiscellaneousDecember 27, 2019
🐰
🌻
🍀

Generated 2020-02-24 08:51:40 in 12 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️