Making Home Fragrance Oils

Can I use the liquid form of candle scents to add to lamp oil?

By TJ from central OH

Does anyone have a recipe for room fragrance oils like Lampe Berger?
Thanks.

By Linda from Bath, England

Answers:

I have a question about making your own fragrance oils for Lampe Berger. I followed the recipe many people posted using 90% isopropyl alcohol and essential oil. The mixture smells strongly like alcohol, not much like the scent I added. I do not want to add too much oil because people warned against this (lamp smokes). Is this how it is supposed to smell before I burn it?

Susanna

I have went everywhere to find out if anyone knows how to make home fragrance oils and nobody knows! I work at home with handicapped people in diapers so I like to burn them to leave my home smelling nice but I end up spending so much money! If you could find a recipe to make home fragrance oils that would be great.
Shelby

Answers:

Making Home Fragrance Oils

How about candle oils? I make mug pillows with scented rice. I used food scents like "hot apple pie". I also made some sachets. I got 12 samples bottles for $20. A little bit goes a long way. The web site is www.candlesupply.com I hope this is helpful. (01/08/2005)

By craftcampkaren

Making Home Fragrance Oils

I am not sure how to make fragrant oils, however I do know how to make home fragrant sprays.

In a spray bottle put 1/3 to 1/4 cups of white alcohol, several drops of your favorite scent, and 2 -3 tablespoons of water. Shake lightly, and spray around the house.

Also, I sell fragrant oils of all scents for the body and aroma therapy. Hope this works. (01/10/2005)

By Carla

Making Home Fragrance Oils

My Daughter cares for an elderly gentleman and he has a lot of "accidents "and she goes through scented oils like hot cakes until I suggested using plain old Vanilla flavoring added to water or cinnamon and nutmeg and cloves in water, placed on the stove for a short time until boiling and let it sit. The electric potpourri pots work well also. Scented candles are another way to keep down the odor and they come in a lot of scents. (01/10/2005)

By peaches

Making Home Fragrance Oils

I found one for you/us! :) Go to:
http://www.missjacquelynstrashtotreasure.info/Lampe-Fragrance-Oil.html

Pat (07/25/2006)

By

Making Home Fragrance Oils

I make home fragrance oils for the oil warmer, where you put the oil in the top and there is a place for a small unscented candle at the bottom. You can buy the oil at any candle supplier as well as the DPG that you use to breakdown the oil. Use 50% oil and 50% DPG the oil will last longer and the smell will be so wonderful. (08/14/2008)

By Sue