Stains from Tissue Paper on Sweater

I unpacked my suitcase to learn my mousse had leaked through and got a green piece of tissue paper wet on my cream-colored sweater (70% cotton 30% nylon). Now I have green spots all over one of my favorite sweaters. I tried tide and bleach and it helped somewhat but still looks bad. Any suggestions?

gmaky from Hesperia, CA

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

You could try an Oxy Clean type detergent, but make sure you test the sweater in an inconspicuous spot first. Oxy Clean can be used as a soak or just added to the washer. I just used Oxy Clean to remove 5 yr old baby formula stains on some baby clothes that had been in our attic, and it removed them all after soaking for a few hours in hot water and Oxy Clean. I wouldn't recommend soaking a sweater that way, but perhaps a little thrown in with the wash might help.

I would take it to a dry cleaner to see if they can remove the stains.

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsMarch 18, 2009
Colorful Tissue Paper
Reusing Tissue Paper
Cardigan made from altering a sweater.
Make a Cardigan From a Sweater
Blue Tissue Paper Sticking out of Green Gift Bag
Crafts Using Tissue Paper
Colorful Tissue Paper
Cleaning Tissue Paper Stains From Carpet
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 11:32:37 AM on 10.0.1.21 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.