Storing Worm Compost Tea

I have made the worm tea for gardening, but I don't know how I can store it effectively as an organic fertilizer for a few weeks. Also, I need to know how long the worm extract can be stored?

By Tan from Melbourne, Australia

I make composted tea in a five gallon bucket, with a cover on it. Let it stay in bucket till I use it up then make more, good luck.

Any tea, whether it be compost tea, alfalfa tea, or worm casting tea should be used within a few days as the microbes within the tea begin to die and are not as beneficial to the plants if the tea sits too long. To help prevent that, add an aerator to the bucket and leave it running 24/7 until you have used all the tea. You can get an aerator pretty inexpensively from a pet supply store in the aquarium section.

Worm Tea
Making and Storing Worm Tea
Home and Garden Gardening CompostingMarch 14, 2010
Worm Bin
Making a Worm Bin
Worm Composting (Vermicomposting)
Worm Composting (Vermicomposting)
Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers
Crochet top pin cushion, a craft found on Thriftyfun. Submitted by a member.
Making a Tea Cup Pincushion
🎉
🎄