Using Scrap Paper to Make a Book

I'm looking for the stuff that you put on the back side of your scrap paper to stick them together like a little book. I've seen it before, at that time it came in like a small paint can and you would brush it on the back side of the paper you have. I've got lots of scraps from the unused paper out of the printer. I don't want to just throw them out, that's too many trees. Thank you for your help.

Moonbeam from WI

Answers:

Adhesive Spray

You can buy adhesive spray in a can at Hobby Lobby if this meets the need.

By Lorelei

Padding Compound

It's called padding compound. It's like a thick rubberized glue you brush on one end of the stacked paper to make a notepad. Here in Hawaii, I think Ben Franklin sells it.

By JJ

Tips For Making The Book

You need the padding compound. You can add pieces of chipboard cut to size and separate the pads at the chipboard for making a number of pads. Be sure and clamp the paper down tight before painting on the compound with your brush. And wait until it thoroughly dries. Separate at the chipboard with a kitchen knife. Chipboard is the hard card stock at the back of tablets.

I've often wondered if white Elmer's Glue would work. But it might not be flexible enough.

By Noella

Rubber Cement

Rubber cement is what you need. I use clothespins to hold the papers together while spreading the 'cement' on. You need to have several stacks ready to use as the rubber cement hardens in the bottle after the bottle has been opened and not used for some time.

Thank You

I want to thank you all for your help, can't wait to get it and do it. We've had Van trouble and its been snowing every other day and I don't like driving in the snow. At least now I know what I'm looking for.

By Moonbeam

Feel free to post your ideas below.

Answers

You can definitely use Mod Podge for this.

Crafts PaperFebruary 20, 2008
Self-Publishing a Book
Self-Publishing a Book
Bin of scrap wood.
Craft Ideas Using Scrap Wood
Stack of paperback books.
Repairing a Paperback Book
Rustic birdhouse.
Scrap Wood Birdhouses
🎉
🎄