Child's Scrap Yarn Crochet Infinity Scarf

Category Scarves
An excellent way to use up your scrap yarn is to make a child's size infinity style scarf. This is a guide about making a child's scrap yarn crochet infinity scarf.

My daughter loves the color purple! I decided to gather up all the scraps of the color I could find in my stash. I wanted to make a super warm, yet feminine infinity scarf. She was pleased as purple punch, so I guess I passed.:)

**It should fit a child 8-13.

Total Time: 3-4 hours

• "I" crochet hook
  • around 400 yards of various #4 worsted weight colors
  • scissors
  • embroidery needle for weaving in ends

1. Ch 20.
  2. 1 dc in 2nd ch from hook, * 1 sc in next ch, 1 dc in next ch, repeat from *, to end.
  3. Ch 1, turn. Skip 1st dc, *1 dc in sc, 1 sc in dc, repeat from *, ending with 1 dc in turning ch.
  4. You will repeat the last step until your scarf measures about 51 1/2" long. I alternated sections of purple with small sections of grey. You do not have to count your rows, just eyeball it, whatever looks good to you. But I strongly suggest using the grey. It breaks it up and looks more attractive.:)
  5. Ch 1, fold in half, short ends together. Work 20 sc through both thicknesses to join your scarf. Fasten off.
  6. Now turn your scarf right side out. Using your light purple, attach yarn with a sc, and make a total of 106 sc evenly around one edge of the scarf.
  7. Ch 3, 5 dc in the same space as your ch, *skip 2 sc, 6 dc in the next sc, repeat from * skip last 2 sc, join to the top of your first ch 3.
  8. Repeat the last 2 steps on the other edge of your scarf.
  9. All set. You can wear down, or wrapped.:)

Good instructions and Pics....tnx

You have submitted some nice patterns on Thriftyfun. Are these patterns your own design?