Easy Crochet Sashay Scarf

Category Scarves
Lacy sashay yarn is used to make this elegant scarf. This is a guide about easy crochet sashay scarf.

I have always loved the look of these scarves! Now that I figured out how to make them, I love them even more! If you can slip stitch, you can make this scarf. It is super easy, try it, you won't be sorry!

This is made with Red Heart Sashay yarn. One ball is enough to complete an entire scarf. That said, this is also a pretty inexpensive project!

Total Time: Around 2-3 hours

Yield: 1 Scarf

Source: Free ravelry patterns

• 1 ball sashay yarn ($3.47)
  • "I" crochet hook
  • embroidery needle for ends
  • scissors

1. It is very important that you spread out your unique yarn. Please notice that the "top" is different than the bottom squiggly edge.:)
  2. Please begin by inserting your hook from the front into the 4th space. You are doing this in order to make your end stronger and have something to weave in.
  3. Now skip the next space and insert your hook from the front into the next space.
  4. Ad

5. Do this until you have 8 groups of threads on your hook.
  6. Now you will insert your hook into the "very next" space.
  7. Pull this loop through 4 groups of threads. It is not "imperative" that it is exactly 4. The point is to pull through "half" of what is on your hook. I just eyeballed it.:)
  8. Now go through the "very next" space.
  9. Pull through remaining threads. First ruffle done!:)
  10. Ad

11. Insert hook in next space, *skip next space, insert hook in next space*, repeat between asterisks 6 times. Insert hook into next space, pull through first half of threads, insert hook into next space, pull through remaining threads except one. Insert hook into next space, pull through all.
  12. Repeat last step until end. Please leave about 5 or 6 inches to weave in. See your nice ruffle?
  13. Thread your end on your tail, stick it directly into the center of the scarf. Weave about 3 or 4 inches down. You are simply hiding your end in the center of your scarf body.
  14. All done! Enjoy!:)
  15. This one was a gift, now that I know how easy it is, I am going to make one for myself!:)
  16. Ad

Videos

This beautiful scarf is easy to crochet and makes a perfect gift. You will get tons of compliments sporting this scarf.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes