Making a Crocheted Scarf

Category Scarves
There are so many crochet stitches and patterns that lend themselves to making a scarf. This is a guide about making a crocheted scarf.

This is a guide about crocheted flower scarf. This festive scarf can be made for any season.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

This is a guide about making a peacock stripes crocheted scarf. The simple crochet stitch used to make this pattern is enhanced by the choice of vibrant colors reminiscent of peacock feathers.

This is a guide about three step crochet scarf. A good project for someone beginning to crochet. This pattern will create a unique, fun and useful scarf.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 2

This is a guide about crochet braided beauty scarf. This unique, beautiful infinity scarf consists of three braided sections. Work it up in your favorite colors.

This is a guide about making a connecting loops crocheted scarf. This interesting pattern makes a striking scarf.

This is a guide about making a textured half shell cowl. Use the nicely textured half shell stitch to create a warm, comfy cowl.

This is a guide about making a scalloped children's crochet scarf. This beautiful scarf is an excellent gift for any child. This is a guide about making a scalloped children's crochet scarf.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making a crocheted hooded scarf. Make this warm and cozy hooded scarf for all of your friends and family.

This is a guide about making a crocheted pocket scarf. Adding pockets to ends of your scarf will help keep your hands warm.

This is a guide about making a summer breeze infinity scarf. This light, lacy infinity scarf is perfect to wear in warm weather to complete your ensemble.

This is a guide about making a toddler's crochet boa scarf. This easy crochet project is perfect for pint sized divas.

This is a guide about making a striped crocheted scarf. Take crochet hooks and yarn to make this handsome scarf for your friends and family.

This is a guide about making a fan stitch crochet infinity scarf. You can crochet an infinity scarf using any of a number of stitches.

This is a guide about making a crocheted infinity scarf. The infinity style scarf is very poplar. If you can crochet, even at the beginner level, there are many lovely patterns to choose from.

This is a guide about easy crochet sashay scarf. Lacy sashay yarn is used to make this elegant scarf.

I am crocheting a scarf. How do I stop the fringe from unraveling?

By connie from CA

Answers

Best Answer

Find a good stopping point and pull the end of the yarn through your final loop to secure it if you run out of yarn and need to start a new spool, or you are doing a multi-striped scarf. Thread the yarn through the stitches with a plastic needle to hide and protect it from unraveling. Do this at the very end of your project as well when the final length is achieved. Good luck.

I need a fun, quick, and easy crocheted (or knitted) scarf pattern for the holidays. I have tried every kind of pattern and cannot afford to buy new yarn. I have mostly worsted weight.

Answers

By Karen (Guest Post)

Go to www.Jo-Anns.com and look up a one skein crochet beret and scarf.It shows a small scarf but you can add to it and make it bigger.Let me know if you can't find it and I will e-mail the pattern to you.I have been working on these for the past few weeks.I have made several already.Very quick and inexpensive.Enjoy and have fun!

By (Guest Post)

Why not just crochet a short chain (about 20 inches long) and do either single or double crochet on it for as long as you want the scarf to be? That'll end up with a nice, warm scarf and you won't have to buy any new yarn. You can put fringe on the ends if you want to, also. Happy Holidays and God bless you.

If you have different colors of knitting worsted you can make a wonderful zig-zag scarf. Just make a chain long enough to make one point in the zig-zag with a main color. Then single crochet for 5-10 rows then change colors, and keep changing colors eery 5-10 rows. To finish it, make a tassle and tie it to the point in the zig-zag. I have made these a lot, for myself and for gifts.

Laura

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

I do crochet for various local charities in my area. I'm supported by the ladies of my church who help by supplying the yarn needed to make these items. We have a place where they help teenage children that have had to be removed from their homes due to a poor environment.

This is a photo of the scarves I made for the boys and girls for Christmas, one for each child there. I also make baby blankets for the pregnancy crisis centers, and have plans to start making lapghans for the nursing homes. My desire is to try and share the Love of God through the talent he has given me.

By Ann from La Fayette, GA

crocheted scarves

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 12