Crochet Braided Beauty Scarf
This unique, beautiful infinity scarf consists of three braided sections. Work it up in your favorite colors. This is a page about crochet braided beauty scarf
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This scarf is unique, unusual and so easy to make. People will rave about your "mad skills". You don't have to tell them how simple it was. I won't.
This scarf is comprised of 3 simple double crochet strips braided together. I think it looks very dramatic when finished. The possibilities for color combinations are endless. Have fun!
Total Time: About 3 hours.
Source: A picture of a scarf I saw online.
- J crochet hook
- around 100-200 yards #4 Red Heart worsted yarn
- 1 ball Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable yarn-280 yards
- embroidery needle for weaving in ends
- With your Red Heart worsted yarn and J hook, ch 100. 1 dc in 4th ch from hook and each across till end.
- Ch 3, turn. 1 dc in each dc across till end.
- Repeat last row 3 more times. Finish off, weave in ends.
- With your Unforgettable Boutique yarn and J hook, ch 116. *The reason you are chaining more with this yarn is because it is thinner than typical worsted. You need to do this so that this strip is more similar in size to your first. If you are using the same worsted for each strip, you would chain the same.
- 1 dc in 4th ch from hook and each chain till end.
- *Please note that I worked my stitches into BOTH loops. The reason for this is that it will give you a finished and neat looking edge.
- Ch 3, turn. 1 dc in each stitch till end.
- Repeat last row 4 more times. Finish off, weave in ends. *You have worked 1 more row with this yarn simply to match the size of the classic worsted strip.
- You will now make a second strip with your boutique yarn exactly as you did the first. The only difference is, you will not finish your yarn off. You will use your working yarn to crochet your strip ends together. Okay?
- You now have 3 pretty strips.
- Stack them together, with your solid color in the middle.
- Work 14 single crochet through all 3 thicknesses. Finish off, weave in ends.
- Lay your strips out in preparation to braid.
- Start with the far left strip and lay it over the middle.
- Now place your far right strip over the center. You're smart cookies, you all know how to do this part!:)
- Please braid "loosely".
- When you have reached the end, don't worry if your ends are not 100% lined up. Simply pull them back a bit and arrange till they line up.
- Line your edges up and once again, work 14 sc through all 3 thicknesses. This time, do not fasten off.
- Stack both ends, ch1, turn. You will use your working yarn to work 14 more sc through both sc ends now. You have joined your scarf into a circle.
- See the pretty seam?
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.