Crocheted Sports Team Scarves

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 355 Posts

four crocheted team scarvesI love to crochet! It is one of my dearest passions. My mom taught me to crochet when I was nine years old. Well, every year I crochet these sports scarves for a non-profit community center that helps people get back on their feet and back out into the community working and finding homes.

I make the scarves out of my own pocket as my donation. And use Michael's wonderful sales on the yarn. Now let me show you.

I sell these at the Christmas fair for $20.00 each or 2/$30.00 and they sell out right away. And the organization makes a great amount of money, which pleases me wonderfully. :)

• yarn in team colors
  • crochet hook #10 J
  • embroidered authentic iron on patches with the team logo (I send away for these)

1. I start by doing a simple chain stitch. I do 175 chain stitches. That will be 5.5' feet long and I crochet 4 rows of each color I do and it makes it 7" wide.
  2. The start of a crochet project with white yarn.

A crocheted chain in white yarn.

A crocheted chain in white yarn.

3. The stitch I use is a double crochet. When I get to the end of my 175, I turn my needle around and go back into the third chain, and do 1 double crochet, and continue doing a double crochet in each open chain. When I get to the end, I simply turn the piece around and start again. I will show you this clearer in pictures. If anyone has questions or comments, please feel free to ask.
  4. Continuing to crochet a white scarf.

Continuing to crochet a white scarf.

Continuing to crochet a white scarf.

Continuing to crochet a white scarf.

Continuing to crochet a white scarf.

5. Once the scarf is done I iron on my team patch, according to the instructions.
  6. Adding a sports logo to the bottom of a striped scarf.

In These Pages
Crafts Crochet ScarvesJanuary 16, 2020
👔
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Crocheted-Sports-Team-Scarves-1.html