CrochetCrafts

Crocheted Sports Team Scarves

I love to crochet! It is one of my dearest passions. My mom taught me to crochet when I was nine years old. Well, every year I crochet these sports scarves for a non-profit community center that helps people get back on their feet and back out into the community working and finding homes.

I make the scarves out of my own pocket as my donation. And use Michael's wonderful sales on the yarn. Now let me show you.

I sell these at the Christmas fair for $20.00 each or 2/$30.00 and they sell out right away. And the organization makes a great amount of money, which pleases me wonderfully. :)

1. I start by doing a simple chain stitch. I do 175 chain stitches. That will be 5.5' feet long and I crochet 4 rows of each color I do and it makes it 7" wide.
  2. The stitch I use is a double crochet. When I get to the end of my 175, I turn my needle around and go back into the third chain, and do 1 double crochet, and continue doing a double crochet in each open chain. When I get to the end, I simply turn the piece around and start again. I will show you this clearer in pictures. If anyone has questions or comments, please feel free to ask.
  3. Ad

4. Once the scarf is done I iron on my team patch, according to the instructions.

This is such a neat idea. Where do you get the patches? They would make a great Christmas Gift for friends and family.
Harlean from Arkansas