Making a Picot Crochet Infinity Scarf
Make this luxurious crocheted scarf for yourself or your best friend. This is a guide about making a picot crochet infinity scarf
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This infinity scarf is composed mainly of a slanted shell stitch. It is textured and warm. It is edged in large picots, giving it an elegant feel. Have fun!
Total Time: 2-3 hours
- "N" crochet hook
- about 360 yards #4 worsted weight yarn
- embroidery needle for weaving in ends
- Ch 15.
- Work 2 dc in 3rd ch from hook, *skip 2 ch, (1 sc, 2 dc) in next ch, repeat from * to last 3 ch, skip 2 ch, 1 sc in last ch.
- Ch 2, turn. 2 dc in first sc, *skip 2 dc, (1 sc, 2 dc) in next sc, repeat from*, skip 2 dc, 1 sc in last ch.
- Repeat last step until your scarf measures 62". This is an ideal length for teenager - adult.
- Fold your scarf, lining the ends up.
- Work 13 sc through both thicknesses to join your scarf into a circle. Fasten off.
- You will now join your black yarn with a sc on one edge.
- Work 155 sc evenly around your entire edge.
- Ch 1, sc in the same space as your ch 1.
- Skip 2 sc, work 2 dc, ch 3 in the next stitch.
- You will make a slip stitch in the top of your last dc. You are making a picot.
- Work 2 dc, slip stitch in the same space, skip 2 sc, sc in the next stitch.
- *Skip 2 sc, work 2 dc, ch 3, slip stitch in last dc, 2 dc, slip stitch in the same space. Skip 2 sc, work 1 sc in the next stitch.* Repeat steps between ** until you have 1 sc left. Join with a slip stitch to your first sc. Fasten off and repeat edging for the other side.
- All done.
December 16, 20150 found this helpful
In These Guides