Making an Infinity Scarf
This is a recycled craft that would make a great holiday gift. I created this infinity scarf from a long dress that I no longer wanted. I used a cutting mat and rotary cutter, but you could use a ruler and scissors.
Approximate Time: about 1 hour
- long dress
- straight pins
- sewing machine
- cutting mat and rotary cutter (optional)
- Cut 2 rectangles from the dress, each measuring 36 inches long by 15 inches wide.
- Lay one rectangle on top of the other, with rights sides facing and long sides aligned.
- Pin together at one of the short ends and sew along the edge to create a 71-inch long piece of fabric ( I used 1/2 inch seams.)
- Use iron to press the seam open.
- Fold the piece of fabric in half lengthwise with right sides facing and sew along long edge to create a long tube. Press open the seam.
- Turn the tube right side out. Turn under the raw edge of the open end about 1/4 inch, pinning in place as you go. Sew along the pinned down edge to create a nice finished edge.
- With scarf laying flat, twist it once in the center to create a kink. Now, join the short ends by inserting the short end that is sewn together about 1/2 inch into the open short end. Pin in place and then sew together.
- Make your scarf as long or as short as you like. Wrap it a couple of times around your neck, or wear it long and loosely draped.
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NCRead More Comments
7 More Solutions
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Use your old or unwanted t-shirts and lightweight sweaters, or knit fabric scraps to make this fun infinity scarf. Keep it simple with solids or get creative with prints or embellished t-shirts.
Here is a beautiful, yet warm, infinity scarf made out of cozy, soft fleece.
This is a page about making a picot crochet infinity scarf. Make this luxurious crocheted scarf for yourself or your best friend.
This is a page about making a crochet lattice infinity scarf. The lattice design of this scarf makes it quite lacy in appearance.
This is a page about making a summer breeze infinity scarf. This light, lacy infinity scarf is perfect to wear in warm weather to complete your ensemble.
This is a page about making a crocheted infinity scarf. The infinity style scarf is very poplar. If you can crochet, even at the beginner level, there are many lovely patterns to choose from.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.