Opening Large Cans of Food

How do you open large cans of food? My small can opener will not cut them. Thanks very much.

By kffrmw88 from Dothan, AL

If you have a small electric can opener you need to buy a hand held can opener. I think I saw them at the dollar store. My daughter bought me one of those "seen on T.V." OneTouch openers, it is battery powered and opens many sizes of cans. It sure helps arthritic hands. I know it is made in China. Sometimes you have to NOT "cut off your nose to spite your face."

GG hugs, Vi

I have one of those as seen on tv can openers (One Touch) and they do not work on the large cans or on a 6 oz. can of tomato paste. It works fine on the standard size cans. Use a hand can opener. If you are opening large amounts of large cans get a institutional size can opener from a restaurant supply place and attach it on your counter top or an old table.

Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceMay 4, 2009
Tuna Cans
Uses for Tuna Cans
Storing Paint Cans
Storing Paint Cans
Plastic Bag
Opening Plastic Bags