Opening Plastic Bags

Category Simple Living
Frustration can be avoided by moistening your fingers when opening these bags. This guide is about opening plastic bags.

My disabled husband watched me trying to open a trash bag. He told me to lick my thumb and finger and try to open the bag. LOL it worked. Be sure your fingers are clean before licking. I also do this at the grocery store with those little produce bags that are so hard to open. I've told everyone I know about this little trick and they can't believe how easy it is to open a trash bag now.

Source: My sweet disabled husband.

By Peggy McBEe from Jesup, GA

I lick my clean thumb and finger and twist it at the top of the bag to start it. Once I have the top of the bag open, I need to open it to the bottom. I open the top of the bag then I put it back together holding the whole top together then slide my hand down pushing that little air bubble which has formed, this way it will open the bag all the way to the bottom.

Depending on the length of the bag, I have had to repeat it up to 4 times. It sure beats shaking bags in the air in the store with bad shoulders.

Not able to get those trashbags open with out a fight? Wet your thumb and index finger with water and rub it loose.

By Sanmar from Albuquerque, NM