Fingernail Diseases

The white on my nails is disappearing into my nail beds. It is just on my pinky fingernails. There is not a fungus, but it acts like one. The nail is weak and grows differently. Any suggestions?

By dwicke from Nashville, TN

Because of problems with my nails, I had 3 nail fungus tests in 10 yrs. time, but the tests always came out negative. Then I went to a skin specialist for a rash on my hands. She asked to look at my nails and said I have psoriasis. I'm not saying you have psoriasis, you probably don't, but when a general practitioner cannot tell you what is going on with your nails, a skin specialist might.

Try looking up low stomach acid It can cause alot of conditions. A book by: Jonathan V. Wright, called why stomach acid is good for u is an eye opener.

I would go see a Dermatologist.

My daughter had a similar problem with one of her thumbnails. Antifungal medicines didn't help. A nutritional book I have has a section describing yeast infections, so I went to the health food store and bought a small bottle of liquid called "Yeast Infection No More". After about 1-1/2 weeks of putting it on her thumbnail with a cotton swab and covering it up with a band-aid, the infection went away and her thumbnail was back to normal.

I know this is an old post, but I just ran across it. If you haven't figured out what is wrong yet, you might try searching online for nail psoriasis. I have it and it sounds a lot like what you describe.

Health & Beauty AdviceMay 8, 2009
A woman putting on nail polish.
Removing Nail Polish Stains From Silk
Removing Your Fingernail Polish, Lady Removing nail polish
Removing Your Fingernail Polish
Vegetable Garden
Minimizing Diseases in a Vegetable Garden
Plants in Containers
Diagnosing Problems in Container Plants
🎄
🍂