Use the Sun to Dry Dishes

I have a portable dishwasher, and just the other day, I had this idea of letting the sun dry the dishes instead of using the energy it takes for the dry cycle. I am turning the washer around so the sun that comes in through the window can dry them.

Not sure why I didn't think of it before. I can wash them in the morning and turn it around to the window before leaving for school. I'll pay attention to my electric bill to see if it really does help.

By Brandi from Cameron, Missouri

What a great idea. My dishwasher has a drying selection for either heat dry or nothing. I almost always choose nothing. No, not sure how much energy I'm really saving, but when I am home, I'll open the dishwasher door when the load is done. I figure a lot of the water will evaporate due to the heat from washing. Great idea on your part!

I watch for when the rinse cycle is done, open the door and let the moist air into the room, my kitchen plants love it! I don't water so much now. As to power saving, I noticed my electric bill isn't as much since I been doing this.

I don't have a dishwasher but I always leave the pots to dry by themselves - so much more hygenic than using a drying cloth

Better Living Green Living ConservationMarch 13, 2009
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Dry Sunburned Skin Remedies
Remedies for Dry Sunburned Skin
Sun Drying Fruits
Sun Drying Fruits and Vegetables
Cleaning Dishes
Cleaning Greasy Dishes
🎄
🍂