Sun Drying Fruits and Vegetables

We replaced our patio screen door last year because the cheap aluminum frame got bent when someone (not me) walked through the closed door. I didn't know where to dispose of the old door and then I had the idea to use it as a drying rack for sweet red peppers and herbs. I replaced the screen and my rack worked wonderfully.

On sunny days I set it outside with the four corners supported off the ground by empty 5 gallon wine pails. Cement blocks would probably work too. Warm and breezy days were my favorite. At night I brought it into the garage against possible rain and raccoons.

The peppers took 5 days to become brittle and the basil and wild garlic only took 3 to become dry. Next year I plan to try sun dried tomatoes.

And also, I used it once as a drying rack for a crocheted sweater that couldn't be hung out on the line.

Food and Recipes DryingJanuary 28, 2014
🎄
😷
🎉
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Sun-Drying-Fruits-and-Vegetables.html