Where are the Best Phone Cards?

I would like to know what is the best pre-paid phone card for local long distance, or where can I go to find information about all the phone cards available. I used google but there was so much info that is was very hard to find what I am looking for. Does anyone out there have any suggestions on how and what to look for.

Thanks,
Glenda

The best phone cards I have found were at Costco. You do have to be a member or have a friend that is but they have prepaid cards that are $0.029 (2.9 cents) a minute. It comes in a 660 minute card and then you can add more or buy a new one.

I just came back from visiting family in Oklahoma and Dollar Tree had a 20 min. phone card for $1.00!! The only limitation it had was you couldn't use it for cell phone minutes. Quite the deal!

Yes, I had seen the 20 min for a buck phone cards at Dollar Tree. It breaks down to .5 per minute which is more than what I pay per min for an A T & T card at Sam's Club; however I think it makes an excellent little gift....tuck one in a card for a friend or relative or even use as teacher and bus driver gifts. Twenty minutes isn't long to talk tho but hey, it's a very cheap gift! I am not a member of Costco but was thinking of joining. I'll have to check out their cards. Right now I am trying to finish using minutes on an 800 min card I bought at Sam's. Used to be there was no exp but I guess they got smart and now you must use the min's up within 24 mos! With email, I don't do much long distance calling these days!

Don't buy an AT&T Pre-paid card for use in Florida. Recently AT&T charges 5 minutes per each 1 minute of card use. (ie., a 1500 minute card is only good for 300 minutes in Florida. I purchased them for my retired Mother in Florida, so I can speak from experience. The FTC, FCC and Florida Public Services can't do anything about it :). I've switched to Walgreens (Verizon): 1500m for $60 (4¢/minute)