Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

I am a sewing designer by trade. If you have ever sewn vinyl material, you know how difficult it is, because it is very slippery. In the past when I have sewn vinyl, my stitching has looked very unprofessional.

I have just figured out a wonderful trick to sew vinyl with beautiful stitching. Lay a piece of wax paper over your vinyl and stitch your project. When you are finished just tear the wax paper away. Beautiful stitching every time!

By Dee from Dunedin, FL

By Randi 1 08/29/2010 Flag

Having struggled my way through making a lightweight travel bag, I found the vinyl easier to move through the machine after coating it with a small amount of talcum powder which simply wipes off with a damp cloth afterwards. Wish I had thought of it from the start!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Post a Comment

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the comments that were provided then.

Archive: Sewing Vinyl

Here are some tips for sewing vinyl shared by ThriftyFun readers.