Teaching A Child How to Spell His/Her Name

I have a four year old daughter and I am trying to help her get a head-start on learning before she starts school. My husband and I taught her how to spell her name one letter at a time. Her name is Ashley, so we started out with A, S. Then just added another letter as she caught on and could remember how to spell it. It worked great and she learned how to spell her name in no time!

By Crystal

Remember, when teaching your pre-school child to write their name, to not use all upper case letters. When they start school they have to write it with only the first letter in upper case and the rest in lower.

I bought those little colorful plastic magnets for the refridgerator. I would spell his name with them and keep it on the fridge, he would always run up to the fridge and read his name. He would then want me to spell more and more stuff. I also had fun.

ParentingApril 19, 2005
A child putting coins in a donation bucket.
Teaching Kids About Holiday Giving
Father teaching his son to drive
Teaching a Teen to Drive
Teaching a Child to Be Thoughtful
Teaching a Child to Be Respectful
A boy making a mean face and sticking out his tongue.
Teaching Children Good Manners
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 25, 2017 at 4:11:51 PM on 10.0.0.241 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.