Heart Shaped Caterpillar Name Puzzle
Use paper hearts to make this fun and educational caterpillar name puzzle. Your child will love learning to spell their name with this cute game.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
After making the caterpillar Valentine's Day card, I thought the concept would be an amazing way for my daughter to learn how to spell her name. She knows her alphabet and that her name starts with a "J", but without having the letters in front of her physically, to complete her name she says them out of order.
This name puzzle is easy to make, cute, and a great exercise to help her to learn her name. Instead of hearts, you can cut circles if you would like.
Total Time: 15 minutes
- assorted pieces of construction paper
- glue stick (if needed)
- dot label
- Fold a standard piece of paper, long way (hot dog style) and cut so you are left with a rectangle. Apply a dot label sticker for the caterpillar's face - if you do not have the dot label sticker, you can cut a circle.
- Draw the face on the circle or dot sticker after you have attached it to the paper.
- Cut out heart shapes, enough for your son or daughter's name. Or, even the word they may be having a hard time spelling. You could also make the the entire alphabet and it can be a learning activity.
- Write each letter of their name on the heart cutouts.
- Now the puzzle is ready to be played with! This is my daughter playing with the puzzle pieces and spelling her name out. It was so cute!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.