Heart Shaped Caterpillar Name Puzzle
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
February 15, 2019
After making the caterpillar Valentine's Day card, I thought the concept would be an amazing way for my daughter to learn how to spell her name. She knows her alphabet and that her name starts with a "J", but without having the letters in front of her physically, to complete her name she says them out of order.
This name puzzle is easy to make, cute, and a great exercise to help her to learn her name. Instead of hearts, you can cut circles if you would like.
Total Time: 15 minutes
- assorted pieces of construction paper
- glue stick (if needed)
- dot label
- Fold a standard piece of paper, long way (hot dog style) and cut so you are left with a rectangle. Apply a dot label sticker for the caterpillar's face - if you do not have the dot label sticker, you can cut a circle.
- Draw the face on the circle or dot sticker after you have attached it to the paper.
- Cut out heart shapes, enough for your son or daughter's name. Or, even the word they may be having a hard time spelling. You could also make the the entire alphabet and it can be a learning activity.
- Write each letter of their name on the heart cutouts.
- Now the puzzle is ready to be played with! This is my daughter playing with the puzzle pieces and spelling her name out. It was so cute!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.