Building a Model of Canberra Parliament House

Category Educational
Building a model or diorama of a famous building is a common school project. Depending on the age of the student it can be as simple or complex as you like. This is a guide about building a model of Canberra Parliament House.

My 10 year old son has to do a school project and wants to build a model of Parliament house in Canberra (Australia). I need help. Any suggestions on how to do this as it is a very difficult building to make? So what should I use, clay? boxes? Any suggestions would be great, as he wants it to look good, but we do not have any ideas.

By helen keller from Thirlmere, NSW

Answers

Best Answer

Hi Helen,
You could draw out the front of parliament on white cardboard, with a stencil knife cut out the windows then glue yellow cellophane to the back of it. I did a craft project like this last halloween to make a haunted house.
speckledsydney.wordpress.com/.../