Skippy (Pomeranian)

Skippy is a 15 month old Pomeranian From South Africa. He's a spoiled brat. I posted a picture of Skippy about a year ago. He changed my life and feelings towards dogs completely.

I started work at the SPCA which had been abandoned years ago. With the help of a couple of friends, we registered a Society. So far almost a thousand dogs have been vaccinated for Rabies, dipped, food distributed, educational material distributed amongst the low income groups of local people who live in townships.

The terrible conditions of the kennels, the office for the VET, the non existent runs. The situation was critical. Now with the help of very kind companies who assisted, we have twenty lovely runs for the dogs to exercise, a very nice Vet's office, an X Ray machine which is awaiting installation when we can source funds to rehabilitate a run down structure.

The kennels are being plastered and painted and have had roofing sheets put on them. We have trained some animal welfare officers. People who used to kick dogs have adopted them and are loving them like babies. They are very proud of their dogs and have a new approach to animal welfare. We have rescued dogs, rehabilitated them and sadly put some down.

I myself rescued a three legged Maltese Poodle that had been abused and kept in a small space for over a year. Unfortunately, I gave in to Skippy and Snowy's ardent love affair after two weeks of sheer torture by trying to keep them apart, and the result is five gorgeous Pompoos. (Pomeranian Poodles). As Skippy and Snowy (the rescue dog) are so spoiled, it is hard to find homes for the new puppies. I am at my wit's end. However, I cannot bear to give them to any home where they will not be treated like children of the family.

What do I do? Most people come here on contracts and local people prefer large dogs.

By Shahida

I applaud strongly all your hard work in making your rescue effort a big success. Only one comment though, you should have your dogs spayed and neutered so there are no more unwanted dogs. That's the best way to help abused dogs, don't have so many.

June 14, 2010 Flag

Skippy (Pomeranian)
Skippy (Pomeranian)
Skippy (Pomeranian)

Skippy is almost 5 months old. He is a Pomeranian. We got him on the 18th of May at 10 weeks old. He likes to play with us, play with his toys, run in the garden, and most of all loves his treats. He sat in a child's pushchair for the photo and loved being wheeled about in it. I think he is rather vain, as when I take photos he really poses for them.

A great joy for me. This is the first time I have had a Toy Pom (or any dog for that matter) and have fallen madly in love with him. He has changed my life and made me understand so many things I was unaware of before. I am taking a serious interest in animal welfare. I read all the posts on your animal sites. I love all the dogs or other animals featured there.

Never knew a little baby dog could do all that. I am now looking at helping out with local SPCA and other agencies on prevention of cruelty to animals. Please keep up the good work.

By Guddo from Zambia

Skippy (Pomeranian)

What a beautiful precious baby Skippy is! I, too, feel that my life has been enriched and enlightened by loving my dogs. They have taught me so much about living well with love and compassion. Blessings to you and Skippy. (09/23/2009)

By 17538

Skippy (Pomeranian)

He looks like he's posing and he's so cute. Zig (09/24/2009)

By Ziggee

Skippy (Pomeranian)

He is spoiled rotten just like my babies, but who could keep from spoiling this baby? (09/24/2009)

By sanmer25

Skippy (Pomeranian)

He looks like a toy American Eskimo, which if I understand, is actually a white Pomeranian. I have a full size eskie, and yes my life is so much better now. I just love my eskie. (09/24/2009)

By Angolamom

RE: Skippy (Pomeranian)

Skippy (Pomeranian)

What a little cutie he is! Thank you for being inspired to help prevent cruelty to these dear animals. We need more people like you!

Grandma Jan and Kato the Wonder Dog (09/25/2009)

By javajano

Skippy (Pomeranian)

Skippy is so cute and what a ham! He is adorable and he looks like he has quite the personality. I have a sweet little timid doggie Honey who loves to be spoiled and it so easy to do. (10/18/2009)

By meoowmom

Pomeranian Breed Information and Photos
Pets Pet PagesJune 14, 2010
Pomeranian's Coat Not Growing Back
Pomeranian puppy
Home Remedy for Pomeranian Hairballs
Dachshund/Pomeranian Mix Photos