Measuring Tape for Clothing Sizing

I always travel with a measuring tape and a small note on which I write my measurements, especially. I save both in the plastic yellow egg that comes inside the Kinder chocolate egg. This way I can easily find the egg in my purse; and I don't need to try on clothes or wait for hours for someone to help me to convert inches to centimeters. Also, I don't need to struggle to know my European, U.S. or British size. My mother in law need not set a foot in a department store because I buy all her clothes according to her measurements which I also save in the yellow egg.

By Mae from Washington, DC

Great idea that we both share. I keep a measuring tape in my purse too! And yes, it helps at places where you can't try clothes on, such as garage sales, or when you just don't want to go in the fitting room. I've saved a lot of money by finding out before I purchased an item that it wouldn't have fit. Great idea to share with others on this site.

Woman Shopping For Clothing
Shopping For Clothing
Consumer Advice Clothing BuyingJune 15, 2007
Measuring Elastic
Measuring Elastic for Clothing
Close-up of a pair of jeans with a measuring tape curled on top and through the belt loop against a wooden background
Buying Pants Without Trying Them On
duct tape flip flops
Making Duct Tape Flip Flops