Measuring Elastic for Clothing

Category Sewing
Measuring elastic for clothing can be confusing if you have not done it before. This is a guide about measuring elastic for clothing.

Elastic around your waist should be your waist size minus 2 inches. It works every time.

By Ardis

Thanks for the great suggestion! Do you have any tips on encasing elastic or stretching the elastic while sewing it into the fabric?

Yeah, I have the hardest time figuring out elastic myself. I just run straight to drawstring waisting all the time.

Thank you....I'm entertaining the notion of altering a dress into a skirt and jacket...the bodice is too big in the bust, and not well fit in the hips.