Making a Fleece Baby Blanket

I need to make my baby a fleece blanket, but I only have a yard of fleece and then a yard of sheet like material. Will I still be able to make it?

By Kelly from Summersville, WV

If you are talking about the tied fleece blankets, you won't be able to make one like that, but otherwise you can cut the two pieces together, like you would for a quilt. You could use the fleece alone, and just use a narrow hem to finish the edges. You wouldn't even have to finish the edges because fleece doesn't fray, however, a finished edge will give a nicer appearance.

Of course you can make it. Just use the fleece and put a blanket binding on the edges that match.

If you are in the the coldest parts of the country, you can put the sheet material on the back, use your sewing machine to stitch across it a few times to keep them even and together, and then put the blanket binding on.

Three Fleece Blankets
Making A Fleece Blanket
Crafts SewingSeptember 30, 2010
Fleece Fabric
Making a Fleece Doll Blanket
fleece tie blanket
Making Fleece Tie Blankets
Crochet Edge Around a Fleece Blanket
Adding a Crochet Edge to a Fleece Blanket
Taggie Baby Blanket
Making a Taggie Baby Blanket