Decoupage Glue Recipe

What is the water to glue ratio to make decoupage glue, and can I use this recipe on fabric to tin and plastic?

By Kathy from Frankfort, IL

Answers

I have used equal parts of water and regular white glue to decoupage paper to something else. For a recent project where I was adhering cloth letters to wood, I used the decoupage glue and did not water it down. I "painted" 2 layers to make sure they stuck!

Tin and plastic should work. I did cancelled stamps on tin plates once. I would be careful to wash the plastic in Dawn to be sure there is no grease on the surface.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Using Homemade Mod Podge
Making Homemade Mod Podge
Crafts DecoupageOctober 27, 2010
decoupaged bowl
Decoupage Tips and Tricks
Decoupage Pen Holder
Making a Decoupage Pen Holder
Canned sweetened milk.
Making Glue With Milk
Decoupage Scrabble Tile Earrings
Decoupage Scrabble Tile Earrings
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 9:42:20 AM on 10.0.2.102 in 777 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.