Keep Cats From Using a Sandbox as a Litter Box

To keep the cats from using child's sandbox, lay a piece of orange construction netting over the sand. Put a weight on each end or staple netting to two fence post poles and roll it up like a scroll when not in use.

By Hate Litter

Very clever ;-)

What a good idea! Thanks for sharing it and taking the time to take a picture of it too!

April 22, 2010 Flag

My neighbor's cats use my kids' sandbox as their litter box. Is there something I can do to keep the cats out that is also safe for my kids?

MB in WY

Answers:

Neighbor's Cats Using Sandbox as Their Litter Box

Just cover the sandbox with something solid like a piece of plywood. That's what we did many years ago. No cat that I know of can move a piece of plywood. (06/01/2004)

By Betty

I would keep the sandbox covered also. I would also tell your neighbor about it. Cats aren't fond of lemons. Try some lemon peels around the sandbox and see if he goes in there again. Hope it works for you. (06/01/2004)

By rhonand

Cayenne Pepper does the trick every time. It won't make your kids sick, one taste and they won't want any more of it. The very smell of it deters those pesky cats. Try it, you'll be glad you did! (06/02/2004)

By Penny

cat in a sandbox
Keeping Cats Out of a Sandbox
Home and Garden Pest Control CatsApril 22, 2010
A white cat sitting on a couch.
Preventing a Cat from Peeing Everywhere
Litter Box Training a Cat, Tabby in litter box.
Litter Box Training a Cat
Homemade Cat Litter Box
Homemade Cat Litter Box Ideas
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box
🎉
🎄