Painting Left For The "Secret" Path Garden

I heard voices in the garden and opened the gate to find a little girl signing my guest book. She had brought the painting to the garden with her dad. She had set it on the ground near a big rock.

The Dad said her older sister had asked them to bring her painting to "the secret garden" for her. I was very touched that a child would paint a picture for the garden and told them we would put a frame on it and hang it for everyone to see.

One day I'll have to let you take a peek at the nice things people say in the guest book.

By Great Granny Vi from Moorpark, CA

Love the story and your photos.

Thanks for sharing.

What a sweet girl and so glad you have a garden to share.

Vi, I love your garden and I have enjoyed watching it grow over the years. Thanks for the updates. And that painting is so cute, what a sweet little girl.

Thank you Vi for sharing that sweet story and new pictures of your Secret Garden. I think you should maybe ask that nice little girl to bring her sister over one afternoon and serve them tea and cookies. Or maybe lemonade and cookies. They would never forget that experience.

Your garden reflects love, caring and lots of attention, and children, even little boys, respond to those qualities, and always to the beauty of a garden. I think they relate it to Eden, maybe, and the stories they've read or heard about the Garden of Eden.

Thanks everyone. Just to let you know I did ask the little girl that delivered the painting to please bring her sister so I could thank her in person.Also told the dad to tell her I loved it and please visit the garden often. I try to have the small bottles of bubbles for the children that visit , IF the parents are with them and give me permission. I also give them flowers to take home if they want them. If they are old enough and want to help in the garden,also with permission. I don't know how many children I have given seeds to and told them how to cut flowers and gather seeds. If they are interested enough I tell them how to water and plant.( Some adults ask questions also.) Having the children to "tea" is a great idea. I will ask if they come back. Many times I never see them again though. :-(

There has been anothe angel left in the garden. I'll get a picture sent in soon. Again Thanks for the nice comments and suggestions. GG Vi

Garden Path Concrete Tiles
Garden Path Ideas
Home and Garden Gardening DecorationJuly 24, 2011
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Wallpaper, Vintage Peeling Wallaper
Painting Over Wallpaper
view down the path garden
The Path Garden (Moorpark, CA) Photos and Information
Hushing Santa
Secret Santa Ideas