The Path Garden (Moorpark, CA)

A bare pedestrian path can become a beautiful garden space with some work and tender loving care. This page contains photos and information about Great Granny Vi's Path Garden in Moorpark, CA. She had turned the walkway between two neighborhood retaining walls into a sanctuary, filled with different plants, flowers and gifts of garden art.

Jupiter's Beard is a good cut flower. It self seeds. They need little water and is surviving in poor clay soil here on the "Path Garden". It could be a weed soon. LOL

By Great Granny Vi from Moorpark, CA

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

A nice person asked me to send these two pictures in so people could see the difference from our side of the path and the other side of the green belt. This path runs through from our block to the school. And children and parents and others use it as a short cut. People from other areas come to walk/ride bikes and many walk their dogs through this brown belt.

By Vi Johnson

after a bath

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 22

Looks like someone has been busy decorating in the "Path Garden" again. Hubby found these last Saturday. He hung two of the bird houses in trees, put the smallest on a pole back in the garden, and placed the shells back where they were left. He also found one flat painted rock with glitter near the chair and bench. Some little one signed the guest book, "Thank you for making My Secret Garden, I love it." Don't you just love it? I do.

By Vi Johnson from Moorpark, CA

Children's Garden Gifts (The Path Garden)

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 12

I heard voices in the garden and opened the gate to find a little girl signing my guest book. She had brought the painting to the garden with her dad. She had set it on the ground near a big rock.

The Dad said her older sister had asked them to bring her painting to "the secret garden" for her. I was very touched that a child would paint a picture for the garden and told them we would put a frame on it and hang it for everyone to see.

One day I'll have to let you take a peek at the nice things people say in the guest book.

By Vi Johnson from Moorpark, CA

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9

Last Saturday two of the children that come to the Path Garden almost every day came with this wind chime. They told me they had gone to a yard sale in our neighborhood and when they saw it they thought they should buy it for the garden.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

A few flowers (and one of berries) that are blooming in the garden. Not a lot of color, but still nice to walk through and see a new flower every few days.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

The garden gate as seen from the "Path" side area behind our house, a common area.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

Here are a few more pictures of what is happening in the Path Garden now.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

Some one has left garden art at the Path garden and at our gate. One day we had this angel at the gate, and another that was left with a broken head that had been fixed and a leg in pieces left on a tree stump.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

These are just a few of the new garden gifts we have found so far this year. An Eagle Scout brought a few friends to help in the garden last week. Some planted and some helped clean and trim.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

I had another surprise at the Garden Gate last week. Some kind person and her dog left this hand soap and a note tied to the arch over the garden gate.

Such a treat for these old hands. And much appreciated. The hand made card was very cute too.GG Vi

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

Another surprise tucked away in the garden today. These look to be wooden dolls, but may be resin. I picked up one and the far hand is missing.

So I sat it back and will go look tomorrow and glue them down where they were left, on the ladder.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

A lady from another neighborhood was walking her granddaughter through the garden. She said her daughter lives in our area and she babysits every week for her. She comes down the garden path a lot ...

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

When it comes to rose buds, I love the clear colors and so pure, as this white one from the Path Garden. Here is another Angel Face, full opened. Enjoy each in their own beauty.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

Because our yard is 2 steps down from "The Path Garden" and we had to pile dirt (sand bags) up to keep the rain from flooding the back yard. So we just built the planting area like a raised bed.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

This windchime was left at the gate. Very cute. We restrung the danglers and made them shorter. So people signing the Path Garden guest book wouldn't get them tangled up in their hair.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

A friend donated this plant. I don't know the name, she collects succulents and has many. She doesn't know the names of all of them yet. But the flowers are so pretty and there were 6-8 on the one plant this year. Now they are growing so fast and I will move more of them around in The Path Garden and will have to plant some in pots for the "plant give away" next spring. I pray that we'll get rain this year. The Path Garden isn't doing well with out it.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

Angels are leaving angels on the Path Garden again. Here are pictures of the newest ones. If this keeps up I may have to change the name to Garden of Angels.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

Here is the newest angel left in The Path Garden. Once again someone has left a surprise in the garden. Always a treat to find treasures to delight visitors as they stroll through the garden.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

In the Path Garden I made a place for visitors to stop and rest if they want to. Two green chairs were donated. I painted flowers on the chairs and wrote "Stop and Rest in the Garden Chair" across the top and "Please Do Not Remove" across the bottom.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

We have some stunning sunsets here in Moorpark, right outside our front door.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 10
Load More