Protecting My Car's Dash

I wanted to know if there is a home product that is safe to use on the dash of my car that won't crack the dash over time. I have heard that Armor All does cause your dash to crack when used over time. I don't know that to be true but I am afraid to use it or anything else commercially sold. My dash is lacking of luster. Any suggestions would be appreciated thank you

Connie from Mountain Home, AR

I have put vaseline on mine before. I just wiped it on and let it sit for a few minutes then take a clean cloth and wipe off excess. Shines like new!

I've been using lemon oil for years, Don't leave it too shiny or it reflects off the windshield and distorts your view, belive it or not.

I live on the Gulf of Mexico in Mississippi and down here in the deep south the sun is hot, hot, hot and brutal on dashboards. I have only used Armor All in my 7-year old Mustang and the dash looks shiny, full of luster and just like brand new. Never apply it to a hot dashboard or in the direct sun though! Anyway, I really think the main reason my dash is in good shape is because I also always use a windshield shade. It only takes a few seconds to unfurl it and it really protects the dash from the heat. It also keeps the car from being so hot inside when I get in! I'm sure there is a good commercial revitalizer you could try and if you're really leery to try a commercial product, do an inconspicuous spot in the corner to see how it takes. If it doesn't live up to its claims, call their toll free number and let them know and return the product.

thank you very much for your helpful tips

Consumer Advice Cars Cleaning InteriorSeptember 18, 2006
Saving Money on Car Rentals, Neon Car Rental Sign
Saving Money on Car Rentals
Finding an Inexpensive Car, Blue Volkswagon Beetle parked by a building.
Finding an Inexpensive Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver, For Sale sign in Window of Used Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver
Man Cleaning Car Interior
Cleaning Your Car's Interior