Bunny Hat Decoration
These bunny hats make cute door decorations for your home or office and can be assembled fairly quickly after the straw hat is painted. Instructions are for the white hat, but you can create a tan bunny by using tan spray paint, tan craft foam and brown chenille stems. The tan ones show up better on white or off-white doors.
Approximate Time 45 minutes
- white spray paint
- 10 or 14" straw hat
- white craft foam
- pink craft foam
- 1 inch pink pom-pom
- 2 white pom-poms or cotton balls
- 2 wiggle eyes
- 3 white chenille stems
- spring silk flowers
- spring ribbon
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- In a well-ventilated area (or outside), spray paint hat with white spray paint. Allow to dry completely. Repeat with several more light coats until hat is completely covered.
- To make ears, cut two large pieces of white craft foam in the shape of ears. Then cut two smaller ears from the pink craft foam and glue to center of white ears.
- Glue ears to top, back side of hat.
- For whiskers, glue white chenille stems across center of hat. Once glue is dry, slightly bend chenille stems downward.
- For cheeks, glue white pom-poms or cotton balls to center of hat, covering the chenille stems.
- Glue small pink pom-pom (or pink cotton ball which can usually be found around Easter time) just above center of cheeks for nose.
- Glue wiggle eyes in place.
- Glue silk flowers to top of hat.
- Using ribbon and wire, make a multi-loop bow and glue to bottom center of hat.
By Mom of 1 from Wilkesboro, NC
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on August 26, 2016 at 11:18:28 PM on 10.0.1.26 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us