When Your Medicine Cabinet Attacks!

If you have a small cabinet like mine, you often open it to having things fall out on you! Today, I got sick of it.

I dug 8 cans out of recycling, and separated what needed to be in there, mostly tubes of stuff, into the cans. Things are mostly hidden, everything is organized, and nothing falls out!

Hope this helps!

PS: You could do this with plastic stuff as well, like the clear tubes that Crystal Lights come in, but they are kind of tall. But, you could also do this in your craft cupboard, tool area, use tuna or cat food cans for the "junk drawer" and more.

By Sandra from Salem OR

I had the same problem, so i screwed two small pieces of wood on the sides of the shelves and put in a piece of inexpensive glass about three inches high. The stuff is held in by the glass and you can see through if there is smaller stuff on the shelf

The geniuses that lived here before us had the medicine cabinet right above the toilet. When my daughter opened the cabinet her trial size (free sample) deodorant fell into the toilet and got stuck. We no longer use it because of this. However, these are some good ideas.

That's a great idea! We keep the lid down on our toilet, so we've never had anything fall in it (I guess that's what they're there for!)

This is a great idea. I like look of the metal, too. I did something similar. I had clear plastic throw away type drinking glasses that I used. They work fine. But I think your version is better because the metal is heavier and wont tip as easily. I use mine for makeup, dental floss, etc.