Eyeliner Tips

I am looking for an eyeliner look for the inner rim that doesn't run or collect in corners of my eyes.

Kim from Michigan

Another thing everyone can try for shadow to eye liner is scooping a tiny little bit of shadow out and mixing it with a drop of visine. It creates a liner. You can make many colours this way. It might take a couple tries to get the right amont of each, which isnt much. But you dont want it too watery.

Use a brush like the one in the picture Ive attached to tthis post.

I use the Covergirl one that has 2 sides with caps. One has the liner that you sharpen and the other has the smudge sponge on the other side. It stays put and you can make those smoky eyes that are so popular now. It is around 4 bucks. Can't beat that! I use a brown black!

The only eyeliner that doesn't run on me is liquid. Maybelline has SuperLiner (.25 ounce) that I have found at both Jack's (in NYC) and at my 99¢ store. I also like Loreal Liner Intense I think it is called. It comes in 2 pieces on the card. The brush is separate, and the bottom which holds the liquid. After you open it it becomes one piece. This gives you a few seconds to fix before it dries completely. Both are terrific, last all day and night and my eyes are sensitive and they don't bother me at all.

Loreal also makes a wand type liner that is similar (in one piece on the card) and has much less liquid (like .08 or .05 instead of .25 of an ounce). Jack's has this one for $2.99 so it's a fairly good deal. At $8 I'm not so sure. One of my friends swears by Bobbie Brown but that's serious money.

Good luck and let us know what you decided to try.

MAC fluidline is the best. Use a primer. I go to a lot of pool parties and with waterproof mascara and MAC fluidline I never look like Alice Cooper. There is an upfront cost ($15) but it last FOREVER! Ask them for a spatula and dip that in the fluidline (gel like consistancy in a jar) and use an angeled brush with light pressure for a thin line and heavy pressure for a thicker line. Or smudge for smoky eyes. 12 different colors and it's waterproof. Great product. Cheers!

http://www.maccosmetics.com/templat ... ATEGORY15101&PRODUCT_ID=PROD7715

June 4, 2008 Flag

I am looking for some eyeliner tips. Any advice would be appreciated.

Eyeliner Tips

I take a Q-tip and dip it in dark eyeshadow to make my own eyeliner. The Q-tip helps you put it just where you want it. It also makes the eyshadow stay on all day! The Q-tip also makes the eyshadow/eyeliner give a soft look around the eyes. Use it only on the outside of the eye, not the inside! This is a really good use of those really dark eyeshadows that are usually thrown away! Buy your Q-tips at the dollar store. (08/11/2005)

By Gina

Eyeliner Tips

To make it easier to draw on the eyeline w/eyeliner pencil, use a match or lighter and melt the end tip of eyeliner pencil. Hold the eyeliner pencil vertical while it cools. Then go ahead and draw your line on. Makes it much easier. Usually only one try to get liner on w/the line being evenly drawn on. (08/21/2005)

By evlevo85

Eye Shadow as Eye Liner

I wanted to add something to the tip about using eyeshadow as eyeliner. Wet the tip of the Q-tip first and then put it into the eyeshadow and it will last even longer on your eyes. (08/24/2005)

By Gina

Eyeliner Tips

If you want a softer look to your eyeliner put it on first...then when it comes to your eye shadow lightly dust it over the eyeliner and it just gives the look a softer edge and also hides any flaws you made while putting the eyeliner on...or for a more demanding look they now sell waterproof eyeliner to use on the ridge of your eyelid...and it stays for a good full 8 hours. (08/25/2005)

By fantasee

Eyeliner Tips

I got this really great eyeliner that works REALLY great for a dollar at Family Dollar... It slides on so you don't have to light it/melt it. But what I do (for blue eyes) is use black and put it on your eyeline (both up and down) and than around the eyes draw a THIN line on the bottom and a semi-thick yet thin right above your eyelashes> close your eye and with your free hand lightly pull your eye to the side (chinese eyes is the best way i can explain it) open your eye but still have the chinese eyes thing and lightly outline the bottom of the eye on the bottom. use your favorite eye shadow and mascara, VIOLA!!! (03/21/2006)

By Cady

Eyeliner Tips

If you have trouble keeping your eyeliner to stay, apply a thin line of face powder right under your eyeliner and it won't try to run on your face. (09/23/2007)

By Gina

Health & Beauty Beauty Make Up Tips EyesJune 4, 2008