Reusing Broken Mini Blind Slats

When one of my mini blinds broke, I thought about what a waste it was. After a time I was repotting plants and needed markers for them. They were African violets. I decided to cut up the slats of the mini blinds. Then as I was planting my garden I realized I could also use the slats to mark them as well. Actually, I have found many uses for those slats and I am still on using the same mini blind. Those slats will last me for years to come. Another use might be as a marker in a filing cabinet, marking rabbit or chicken pens, etc.

By Diane from Pingree, ID

Love that Idea! I was just gritting my teeth again as my hubby broke another one of the slats! It's white so it will be great! Wonderful recycle tip!

Hi, I have been doing this for years. You can also write the information about the plant on the blade, dates, age, care, etc. And also use them in the garden the same way.

Closed Mini Blinds
Reusing Mini Blinds
Better Living Green Living ReusingApril 29, 2008
Blind Dog
Caring for a Blind Dog
A broken green dish in several pieces
Reusing Broken Dishes
A blind woman sitting on a bench.
Interacting With Blind People
Cleaning mini blinds square
Cleaning Mini Blinds