Scenery: Aberdene Angus Cattle (Bodmin Moor, UK)

These are Aberdene Angus Cows. You normally find them in Scotland. That's why they have such thick coats. This was taken on Bodmin Moor, where I drive through to get to the cottage in Polperro. All the animals are free to wander all over the moors. This is the Angus family with their baby.

By Elaine

They are beautiful. Are they beef cattle? What do they do with their fur?

Sorry Elaine, these aren't Aberdeen Angus cattle. Aberdeens are big and short-haired, sleek and glossy black all over. and to Tahlula, they are indeed a beef breed providing some of the best meat you can have. there's even a chain of steak houses in UK named after them.They have been exported all over the world.

The ones pictured are indeed Highland Cattle, a prized rare breed, sorry I dont know what is done with the 'fur', they aren't slaughtered very often!

Remel in UK.

What lovely pictures! My hope is to someday go overseas and see England, Scotland, and Ireland. What exactly is a moor? I've seen that word plenty of times and as near as I can figure out it's what we here in USA would call fields. Is that correct?

They are awesome, this is my first time seeing them!

Thank you for posting!

Robyn

Awesome! It took some research but Remel is correct, they are not angus but highland cattle. They are beautiful animals! I would love to see some for real some day, I've only seen the pictures. Thanks for sharing these pics with us!

Photos SceneryJuly 28, 2010
Australian Cattle Dog
Australian Cattle Dog Breed Information and Photos
Whistler Peak
British Columbia Frugal Travel Guide
Colorado
Colorado Frugal Travel Information and Photos
Blue Heeler
Blue Heeler Breed Information and Photos
🎄
🍂