Removing Carrot Stain From Microwavable Bowl

How can I get the orangey stain left by cooking a few carrots off my white microwave cooking bowl?
(I have tried washing and soaking without any effect and it just looks awful even though it is clean)

Mary from UK

Put it in the sun, the sun will take some stains off of plastic. Bleach is my 2nd thought, Karen

use blue dawn and a tiny bit of water... rub it on and the orange color should come right off.

I get the same mess with my food processor when I grate carrots.

Try scrubbing the stain with a paste of baking soda and water.

There is a plastic cleaner sold in the dish detergent aisle. Might have the name "Booster something or other". It works. Possibly developed for Tupperware, so you might go to and ask them about it.

Do not use bleach, as the plastic that absorbs the yellow stain from the carrots may also absorb the bleach smell and taste.

If the baking soda doesn't work, try lemon juice or vinegar, as they are acids and so the opposite of baking soda. you may want to let the bowl soak with baking soda and water overnight. If this is Tupperware or something like that, you might scratch the surface with a baking soda scrub.

I run all my microwavable plastic things through the dishwasher. This takes out most stains, and I just ignore the ones that it doesn't! If you can't wash it in the dishwasher, you likely shouldn't be using it in the microwave either.

Louise, Nipawin, SK, Caaada

Home and Garden Cleaning DishesAugust 17, 2007
Cleaning a white toilet.
Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner Recipes
Carrot Salad
Carrot Salad Recipes
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Carrot Costume