Box Elder Suckering from Stump

I recently had a box elder tree cut down and now I'm getting all kinds of branches growing out of the trunk. I could not have the stump removed because it's growing into a fence. How do I get these branches to stop growing out of the stump? It looks terrible. Thank you.

By Kathy

You'll need to get some kind of stump killer. It needs to be applied to fresh cuts, so you will need to cut the suckers again and maybe cut a layer off the top of the stump.

Thank you. I was afraid of that as far as cutting a layer off the stump. Now I just have to find somebody with a chain saw to cut another layer off the top of the stump.

Home and Garden Gardening TreesSeptember 7, 2010
Brazilian Pepper Tree
Getting Rid of a Brazilian Pepper Tree
Photo of a tree stump.
Getting Rid of a Tree Stump
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box
A trunk for putting congratulations card into at a wedding.
Making a Card Box for Your Wedding