Baking Tips For Professional Results

Ever wonder how bakeries get such round cookies? I know they use molds but they can be costly when you have to buy so many. Here is a useful tip that I do when baking cookies.

I save all my jar tops (the metal ones such as spaghetti jar tops). I grease them thoroughly and put my cookie dough in each one, then flatten it down with a spoon. I then place them on a cookie sheet and bake. When slightly cooled, I then pop them out and they are all the same shape and size. No need to purchase cookie molds when you can use your imagination. Just remember to grease the jar tops well and remove the rubber ring if jar top has it.

I also bake in tin cans. Tuna Cans make perfect cupcakes. Clean them well in lemon juice first.

By Carolyn from E Northport, NY

I was at a friends house and she was making cookies and I was upset she was cheating all her cookies were the same size and none were burnt. She was using a ice cream scooper. I got mine from pampered chef (home based business) it was smaller than regular size scooper. But all my cookies cook at the same time and are wonderfull.

This is a good tip if you want your cookies to be all the same size, although I always like the odd shapes and sizes that say "home baked".

I have a baking tip - it's more of a cake decorating tip. You know that fancy fondant that they use on cooking shows to make such crazy and fancy cakes. You can make it pretty cheap - use a can of reg. frosting white or vanillia, etc. Add powered sugar untill it forms a dough then you can roll out. it take some practice, but i have made some great cakes.

Sounds like a good idea, but what about the rubber "seals" inside the jars?? I know it would have to be heatproof in order to withstand the canning process...

Two great ideas; never would have thought of them.

Thanks.

this reminded me of what my mom did when I was growing up, she used soup cans to bake her date nut bread in. They were such wonderful shapes.

H-m-m-mmm, the jars we get ALL have an inside

"lip" that would prevent anything cooked inside from

falling out freely. You meant to clean cans with lemon juice then WASH them with dish soap, right?

lol Tuna cookies would be nice for a cat, though.

lol. I will TRY baking something in cans one day when I get off my "no sugar/no carb" diet that is working and has beaten the cravings for sugar/carbs

after only two days. I have absolutely NO more hunger for baked things, although I CAN eat "whole grain" crackers like AK-Mak and RyeCrisp, but not whole wheat, which is NOT the same UNLESS it says, "WHOLE GRAIN". But I LOVE to bake and will keep this tip in my favorites. : )

When I bake any kind of cookies (sugar, chocolate chip, etc) I grab some dough and roll it into round balls. Cost is free :) and my cookies are always perfectly round.

after the required amount of baking time, the bread is still hollow and doughy in the middle...am I under-proofing?what am i doing?

Young Boy and Girl Baking Cookies
Baking Cookies - Tips and Tricks
Food and Recipes Food Tips BakingMarch 9, 2007
Baking Ingredients
Substitution for Cream of Tartar When Baking
Substitution for Baking Powder
Substitution for Baking Powder
Baking Soda
Freezing Baking Soda and Baking Powder
opening microwave
Cooking Canned Biscuits in the Microwave
🎉
🎄